So I promised Hannah I'd make her an album documenting my favorite songs. This is a monumental task for me, and in fact, for Volume I, I only managed to go from A-J (first word… Media Player doesn't sort by last name). Anyway, here's the first set of tracks:
- Amy Winehouse – In My Bed
- Aqualung – Extra Ordinary Thing
- Ben Folds – You To Thank
- Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals – Ground on Down
- Bright Eyes – First Day of My Life
- Britney Spears – Toxic
- Cee-Lo (f. Pharrell) – The Art of Noise
- Coldplay – X&Y
- Common (f. Kanye West) – The Food [Live]
- Jamie Cullum – Frontin'
- David Gray – My Oh My
- Derek Webb – I Hate Everything (But You)
- Dispatch – Silent Steeples
- Diana Krall – Peel Me A Grape
- Fiona Apple – Criminal
- G. Love and the Special Sauce – Rhyme for the Summertime
- Guster – Ramona
- Jack Johnson – Wasting Time
As I'm listening to the album (I haven't given it away yet), I think "Dang, this really is a good reflection of my musical taste", and it's not even including a few of my favorite artists in the A-J (Anathallo, Alicia Keys, Amerie, Badly Drawn Boy, Danger Mouse, etc), and obviously arists like Kayne West, Sufjan Stevens, The Roots, and Pete Rock haven't even been thought of yet.
It's funny too that I've tried to do this for years, and when I finally said "oh, let's just do this alphabetically" how easy it's become.
If you, too, would like this mixtape, give me a holler.