These things have occured within the last 48 hours and have in many ways began to de-burnout-ify me:
- Walking on the beach
- Watching trout try to jump up a waterfall
- A bonfire on the beach
- Laughing with friends
- Maundy Thursday services
- My body waking me up with the sun at 7:30
- Finding out I may have only 1 kidney
- Learning real friendship and real care and real love
- Learning forgiveness
- Thinking… I mean really thinking
- Planning fellowship groups
- Eating good food
- Watching movies until 1 in the morning
I'm more sure day after day that happiness is found with God in control of my life, and me not just simply allowing Him to do so, but thirsting for it. Even recently I've found the less effort I put into control and the more effort I put into awareness of God in situations and loving who I'm in that situation with, the more blessed and Spirit-filled they become.
For once, I'm really beginning to be okay with no control.
I want to write more, but I have things to pack and work to do.