But man, have I got something for you!
I was thinking of this issue anyway, and it came up as I was looking on Facebook (new wedding photos. There is no man that looks bad in a tuxedo).
This was the advertisement I saw:
Alright, there are a couple things about this:
- If being lazy and rich would require me to look like that guy, I’m out. I’ll take hard-working and poor.
- $1000 a day, for filling out surveys? We all know that’s obviously the catch, and hence why this is RIDICULOUS.
- But yet it finds airtime on Facebook, which, relatively of course, is reputable?
So yeah. Sorry about my extended absence. It’s not that I haven’t thought about blogging or anything. It’s that this hasn’t been a priority of late. Which it should be, mostly because it helps me think in a more stripped down sort of way.
And if what I’ve seen in culture is any example, people for some reason love hearing other people’s thoughts.
So, the 10 of you who still read my blog, let me “drop some knowledge” if you will.
- I am going to Ohio State in the fall to pursue Urban Planning: I was accepted to Penn and OSU, and chose OSU on account it’s $40,000 cheaper and encourages internships (theoretical knowledge + pragmatic experience = best learning in my opinion), but it’s for some reason this move is more daunting than any other. I think because I’ve been in Columbus a grand total of, oh, 48 hours, and to commit to being someplace for 2 years seems daunting. But it isn’t much different than Erie, three years ago. It just all feels different. There’s something about not being thrusted out of something that makes it harder to go. I didn’t have to leave Gannon. No one else is. It’s just me. But I know, to the best of my knowledge, that this is what I’m supposed to do, what God wants. And I have to do what I’ve done before – take a few steps in faithful service every day, and I will be fine.
- Phil Kondas is married. Wow.
- I have a Master’s Degree in Higher Education (almost): I’ve completed all the requirements save about 12 pages of work. I’ve never struggled with something more in my life. A few pages on my thesis and a paper about worldview. How about that. I’ve already written better than 500 words of junk on my blog, which would easily fill a page two pages in an essay. Which leads me to believe that I’m being lame, and should be writing my thesis. Instead I’m writing here.
- I still think about subjects. I’ll start writing about those again soon.
- Head, heart, hands was one of the most enjoyable things I did at Gannon.
Anyway, I think that’s it for now. I’ll write my Methodology and some of my Findings tonight. Let’s say I won’t wait multiple months before putting something on here again, ok?